Plant Roasting Manager
The Plant Roasting Manager is responsible for meeting customer needs in the production and timely delivery of high-quality products which follow all applicable customer, business, and regulatory requirements.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish and improve mechanisms to ensure the Roasting operation provides the required products in a timely, cost effective and quality manner.
- Participate in cupping and approval process for all incoming green coffee. Sample roast green coffee as required for this and or other R&D/Quality work. Make suggestions and recommendations for the sourcing needs when required or requested.
- Learn procedures and be able to perform steps required for purchasing and scheduling green coffee deliveries.
- Review production orders and schedules to ascertain priorities and plan daily work for all aspects of the Roasting operations, ensuring timely delivery of product to schedule, plan for efficient use of materials, machines, and employees.
- Effectively manage the workforce, resolving issues and/or conflicts and ensuring maximum productivity with minimal interruption to the operation; drive performance of the team to achieve and exceed financial targets through quality, costs efficiency and productivity.
- Assist in establishing key performance indicators that drive change and visibility to the team and leaderships; track, trend and monitor routinely with active data analysis to target and drive results.
- Ensure standards for product quality, equipment and operator performance are maintained and that cost effective technology is used to maximize production.
- Inspect facility, machinery, and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization; coordinate with the maintenance team to address issues in a timely manner to minimize downtime; assist in establishing and maintaining preventive and proactive maintenance programs. Ensure fixed assets are preserved. Initiate recommendations on purchases of new equipment and improvements to plant property.
- Assumes primary responsibility for the same operations of the Roasting operation and the cleanliness of the facility, monitoring safety concerns and ensuring they are addressed effectively.
- Coordinate with the Quality Assurance team to ensure that quality control functions are performed properly, and quality concerns are communicated to the appropriate personnel in a timely fashion.
- Perform administrative activities associated with the effective management of shop operations, including compiling, storing, and retrieving production data for reports.
- Verify all required materials are pulled and accessible for team to perform designated job requirements.
- Ensure orders are manufactured per specifications and quality standards are met.
- Review production and operating reports and direct the resolution of operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems of operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Review production costs and product quality; modify production and inventory control to maintain and enhance profitable operations.
- Develop and manage budgets, schedules, and key operating metrics.
- Ensure all assigned employees are aware of and comply with Company, government, and customer policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Serve as project manager for capital improvement and operational projects as appropriate.
- Always be mindful of and adhere to GMP’s, Quality and Food Safety requirements.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by manager.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Manages with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promotes the culture, values, and mission of BHC.
- Drives the engagement, development, and performance of all members of their team.
- Demonstrates a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events and manages smooth transitions thereafter to keep production running at standards and sets a positive example for their team.
- Demonstrates ingenuity and creativity in accomplishing goals when resources are limited or unavailable; can execute a plan without relying on a defined process.
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills.
- Well organized, detail orientated and able to multitask.
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate and delegate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) and Five years of management experience in a complex, manufacturing/warehouse environment experience and/or training; or equivalent combination for education and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ERP (NetSuite).
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Ability to work in variable temperatures in a warehouse environment.
- 401K with company match
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Paid Sick, Personal, and Vacation Time
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short Term disability
- Long term disability
- Flex Spending
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Direct Deposit
- Referral Bonuses
Barrie House is committed to creating equitable employment opportunities for all individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Only qualified candidates will be contacted
*No recruiting agencies
CURRENTLY hiring, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
If there is a fit, we will contact you to learn more about you. Thanks for thinking of Barrie House. Good Luck!
Barrie House: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion