The Sales Director provides strategic direction to the business’s overall sales program, inclusive of securing new customers, expanding opportunities within the current base through sales initiatives, and executing new product offerings. Responsible for providing leadership, direction, and resources to the sales and customer care departments.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads and manages all activities within the sales department, inclusive of account management, sales operations, customer support, customer care team and customer specific promotions.
- Sets departmental KPIs and evaluate the effectiveness of the sales initiative, making appropriate changes that encourage achievement of overall sales and business targets.
- Leading, designing, and implementing the business’s development activities and customer support model to increase revenue and profit.
- Takes initiative to mentor key personnel in the sales and other departments, ensuring their constant professional growth, and assisting them in the execution of their duties where necessary.
- Spearheads the sales department’s strategy development initiatives, ensuring that they remain consistent with the business’s overall strategy.
- Increase sales revenue through the design and implementation of appropriate strategies for each of the business’s sales channels and services.
- Design, implement, and manage the business’s sales process, ranging from relationship development and contract finalization. Execute with a view of selling the business’s full range of products/services to achieve the business revenue targets.
- Tracks and reviews actual sales results, weighing against the set targets and business KPIs to determine the effectiveness of sales initiatives and implement necessary changes and solutions.
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to senior leadership team and appropriate management leads.
- Always be mindful of and adhere to GMP’s, Quality and Food Safety requirements.
- Perform other duties as directed by the CEO.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to analysis and make recommendations by leading revenue forecasting by analyzing business tactics, performance analysis, pricing and sales strategies, market research and competitor analysis and create reports.
- Ability to oversee the execution and planning of driving revenue growth and sales strategy by using analysis to forecast sales performance, set sales targets, determine the effectiveness of current sales initiatives against key metrics and implement change as necessary.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other leadership and departments to foster collaboration, faster revenue growth and higher profitability.
- Ability to lead and supervise by assisting the sales team to work more efficiently by having a sound organizational structure and a well-designed territory and account management plan that allows sales reps to achieve their quotas.
- Ability to communicate effectively to key stakeholders and the CEO concerning the sales department in the form of reports, proposals, and presentations.
- Ability to grow sales rapidly while maintaining business continuity.
- Able to handle teams well, be good at cross-functional collaboration and be able to align their team’s performance with the Company’s sales goals.
- Ability to identify challenges and hinderances both internally and externally, along with sales opportunity and be able to use their keen problem-solving skills to resolve them.
- Ability to work within a dynamic environment and lead strategic change.
- Ability to tune into the needs of customers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- BA degree in Sales, Advertising, or Marketing preferred and Ten years of proven professional experience in high-level sales processes/operation and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Required to travel to customer and industry meetings, events, etc.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Order Processing, CRM, ERP (NetSuite).
- Demonstrated ability to make successful presentations to individuals and/or groups at all levels of an organization.
- Must be proficient with computers and Microsoft Office applications. NetSuite experience desired.
- Able to work flexible hours as required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- 401K with company match
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Paid Sick, Personal, and Vacation Time
- Paid Life Insurance
- Short Term disability
- Long term disability
- Flex Spending
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Direct Deposit
- Referral Bonuses
Barrie House is committed to creating equitable employment opportunities for all individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Only qualified candidates will be contacted
*No recruiting agencies
CURRENTLY hiring, please send resume to email@example.com
If there is a fit, we will contact you to learn more about you. Thanks for thinking of Barrie House. Good Luck!
Barrie House: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion