Careers - Green Coffee Procurement / Buyer
GREEN COFFEE PROCUREMENT / BUYER
Join our GROWING Team!!
Founded in 1934 as a local coffee roaster, Barrie House Coffee Company, LLC is now a leading manufacturer of the traditional and single cup beverage products. We source the finest ingredients from farmers and supply chain partners we trust and artfully transform them into the best in class products with fair and sustainable pricing.
We are looking for an experienced coffee professional to join our growing team as our Green Coffee Procurement/ Buyer. A responsible person with seven years’ experience buying coffee. This individual will need cupping and roast profiling skills and understand how to buy coffee on contract.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coffee sourcing, purchasing and forecasting
- Cupping green coffee for taste profile
- Sample roasting
- Production roast profile development
- Coffee roasting/blending/extraction
- Developing and maintaining relationships with importers, exporters, and producers
- Worked as a buyer for seven years
- Sourcing coffee at origin
- A clean passport and driver’s license and be able to travel
To work in this role, you must have worked in green buying for at least 7 years, have experience cupping, sample roasting and roasting. Understanding of the C Market and forward contract business.
- 401K with discretionary match
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Paid Sick, Personal, Vacation Time and Holidays
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability up to 5K per month
- Direct Deposit
- Referral Bonuses
Salary to commensurate with experience. Relocation costs may be considered for the right candidate.