The Inventory Control Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating all raw materials and packaging involved in the production of the Company’s products. The Coordinator will have primary responsibility for: receiving inbound shipments; moving materials to the appropriate storage locations; issuing materials to the production floor, consistent with the production schedule and work orders; and for returning unused materials to their proper storage location. The coordinator will also record all related transactions into the ERP in a timely and accurate manner and participate in cycle counting materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receive all inbound materials from suppliers and BH roasting plant, ensuring all materials are properly inspected, counts and sku’s are matched to related purchase orders and are accurate and consistent with accompanying documents, discrepancies are resolved, and receipts are entered in a timely and accurate manner, including critical lot and best by information.
- Regularly review production orders/schedules to ascertain raw material and packaging needs, issue required materials to the production staging areas, in appropriate quantities and ensuring the specified lots are pulled and issued.
- Returns unused materials from production to storage, verifying lots and quantities and reconciling to production reporting.
- Participate in the cycle counting process, adhering to the proscribed count schedule and utilizing the available tools and systems.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of documentation and standard operating procedures for inventory management processes and systems.
- Measure inventory accuracy and determine root cause analysis behind the variances as well as communicate and take corrective action.
- Handle and disposition of materials as indicated in Inventory Request and Quality Hold transactions; keep warehouse inventory current.
- Use tools and technology for managing and analyzing inventory (e.g., standardized reporting, etc.)
- Follows standard operational and working practices to ensure compliance with standards.
- Performs other duties as requested from management.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Analytical - Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer Service - Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Responds well to questions; Listens and gets clarification.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Delegation - Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
- Leadership - Accepts feedback from others.
- Quality Management - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen - Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect.
- Organizational Support - Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work;
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma/GED and 1 to 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, write, speak and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge Inventory/Warehouse software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, reach with hands and arms, stoop and bend, and lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. the employee is required to occasionally lift or move from 50 to 100pounds. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CURRENTLY hiring, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org