Come Join Our Team!
Barrie House Coffee Company, LLC is a third-generation family roaster that has been blending, roasting, and packing coffee in New York since 1934 and is now a leading roaster and manufacturer for branded and private label coffee products sold through the retail, e-commence, food service and hospitality channels. Barrie House has partnered with Martha Stewart for a co-branded coffee line and with The Headstrong Project for a special Hero's Reserve line of which 100% of the profits are donated to the organization. Barrie House ranks in the Top 10 of all Fair-Trade coffee providers in the U.S. We source the finest ingredients from farmers and supply chain partners we trust and artfully transform them into the best-in-class products with fair and sustainable pricing. Our new line of premium Fair Trade and Organic coffee uses only high quality, specialty-grade beans to produce exceptional and unique blends. Even more importantly, our Fair-Trade Organic coffees are affordably priced so that more consumers can enjoy a premium cup of coffee while still helping to support sustainability and advancements for farmers, their communities, and the coffee industry!
The Maintenance Supervisor oversees the performance and operating results of maintenance activities in both the Elmsford and Mt. Vernon locations. The overall goal of this position is to apply preventative maintenance processes and continuous process improvement techniques that result in high performance machinery and a team focused on supporting the production environment. The Maintenance Supervisor is accountable for training, parts inventory and maintenance metrics while partnering with production to improve the performance of both sites and business overall.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clearly define and align department goals, communicate the goals to the team and hold yourself and your team accountable for achieving the goals.
- Assume an active role in the professional development of the maintenance team
- Support site initiatives related to safety, quality, cost, and delivery.
- Measure, report, and account for maintenance department performance.
- Provide technical and operational support for the roasting plant.
- Coordinate, evaluate and lead continuous improvement of the department while fostering a positive culture where people want to do their best.
- Performs supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's principles and policies.
- Demonstrates supportive leadership skills and good analytical skills.
- Prioritizes workload to meet business needs, view the larger picture, and systematically solve problems.
- Perform data entry into Manager Plus (onsite CMMS) and ensure work orders are distributed and completed in a timely fashion.
- Understands key operational details - from machinery to internal and external processes
- Knowledge of infrastructure systems (nitrogen, electrical, compressed air, etc.)
- Manages and coordinates maintenance elements of production line installations and decommissioning events.
- Coordinates maintenance aspects of new product launches and new or modified operational processes.
- Develops and applies effective preventative maintenance strategies including lubrication management and time-based maintenance.
- Follows all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards, and safety requirements directed by BHC.
- Complies with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
- B.S. in Technical area (Engineering or related field of study) or 7-10 years manufacturing experience or comparable experience, preferably in food, pharmaceutical or beverage products.
- Previous department or team leadership experience
- Working experience with order fulfillment, manufacturing or maintenance management preferred.
- Experience working in a Manufacturing Maintenance environment is
- Experience with mechanical and electrical systems in a multitude of applications.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, be on-call and (minimal) travel as necessary.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Able to work on ladders and lifts at a height above 20ft.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to lift 100 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to frequently kneel, squat, bend, and stoop.
- Ability to twist, kneel and reach overhead required.
- 401K with company match
- Paid Sick, Personal, and Vacation Time
- Short Term disability
- Long term disability
- Flex Spending
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Direct Deposit
- Referral Bonuses
Barrie House is committed to creating equitable employment opportunities for all individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
CURRENTLY hiring, please send resume to email@example.com.
*Only qualified candidates will be contacted
* No recruiting agencies