Material Handler (Warehouse)
Come Join our GROWING Team!
We are looking to add a Warehouse Material Handler to our team! This position is primarily responsible for the following activities: picking product, receiving, storing, distributing, transporting, handling, dumping, stocking products and materials. This position reports to the Production Lead, Manager/Supervisor, or Warehouse Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include some or all the following:
- Loads, unloads, and moves materials within warehouse, or work site, performing any combination of the following duties: Reads work order and follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved or packed. Assists with work assignments to meet transportation or operational goals.
- Secures material by moving, storing, and loading or unloading.
- Safely transports products and materials from receiving areas to storage areas or within operating area using various material handling equipment.
- Sorts and places material on racks, shelves, or bins according to predetermined Company guidelines and product codes.
- Conveys materials to or from storage or work sites to designated area, using hand-truck, electric dolly, pull jack, or another device.
- Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to destination, using hand-operated crane or hoist, or signals crane or hoisting operators to move load to destination.
- Lifts heavy objects by using power hoist, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment, using broom, rags, and cleaning compounds, to assist machine operators.
- May occasionally operate industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products if necessary.
- Reads work orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine product to be gathered, produced, or distributed.
- Assembles products, customer orders and other location orders from stock and places orders on pallets and transports orders to shipping area. Accurately records amounts of products or materials received or distributed.
- Maintains safe working practices to ensure compliance with standards.
- Maintains the cleanliness of work area
- Performs other duties as requested from management
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Design - Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer Service - Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Keeps emotions under control
- Oral Communication - Responds well to questions; listens and gets clarification.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information
- Teamwork - Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Leadership - Accepts feedback from others.
- Quality Management - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen - Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect.
- Organizational Support - Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma/GED and 1 + years related experience or combination of both
Ability to read, write, speak and interpret documents in English. Ability to write routine informational reports.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, reach with hands and arms, stand for long periods of time, stoop and bend, and lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. the employee is required to occasionally lift or move from 50 to 100pounds with assistance. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CURRENTLY hiring, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
* No recruiting agencies