Careers - Production Technician I
Come Join Our Team!
Barrie House Coffee Company, LLC is a third-generation family roaster that has been blending, roasting and packing coffee in New York since 1934 and is now a leading roaster and manufacturer for branded and private label coffee products sold through the retail, e-commence, food service and hospitality channels. Barrie House has partnered with Martha Stewart for a co-branded coffee line and with The Headstrong Project for a special Hero's Reserve line of which 100% of the profits are donated to the organization. Barrie House ranks in the Top 10 of all Fair-Trade coffee providers in the U.S. We source the finest ingredients from farmers and supply chain partners we trust and artfully transform them into the best in class products with fair and sustainable pricing. Our new line of premium Fair Trade and Organic coffee uses only high quality, specialty-grade beans to produce exceptional and unique blends. Even more importantly, our Fair Trade Organic coffees are affordably priced so that more consumers can enjoy a premium cup of coffee while still helping to support sustainability and advancements for farmers, their communities and the coffee industry!
The Production Tech I will be responsible for safely operating an automated machine to maximize production and maintain Barrie House Coffee's high standard of quality.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produces highest quality product in accordance with BHC quality standards by operating a production machine following set standards and procedures.
- Assures safe operation of machine and adheres to BHC safety procedures.
- Prepares machine for startup and shutdown procedures on a daily basis and follows set production schedule.
- Reports any machine malfunctions to maintenance if issue is not resolved in a short period of time.
- Maintains a clean and organized work environment and ensures machine cleanliness.
- Communicates with others (on team, across shifts and across departments).
- Participates in continuous improvement initiatives that directly impact work and quality of product.
- Provides training to new Production Techs.
- Follows all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by BHC and the department.
- Performs any and all other duties prescribed by Supervisor and/or Manager.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Read, Write, Speak and understand English.
- Strong mechanical aptitude of packaging machine operations.
- Knowledge of product flow through the production facility.
- Self-motivated team player with a positive attitude.
- Ability to be punctual and dependable.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to work flexible hours as required.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to frequently kneel, squat, bend and stoop, twist kneel and reach overhead required.
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment.
- Able to stand for nine or more hours.
- 401K with company match
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Paid Sick, Personal, and Vacation Time
- Short Term disability
- Long term disability
- Flex Spending
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Direct Deposit
- Referral Bonuses
Barrie House is committed to creating equitable employment opportunities for all individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
CURRENTLY hiring, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Only qualified candidates will be contacted
* No recruiting agencies