Careers - Shipping Lead
This position is primarily responsible for coordinating the fulfillment, shipping, and transportation activities of the Warehouse team by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates. This position reports to the Warehouse Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review sales orders and production orders/schedules to ascertain customer needs and coordinate production activity with scheduled delivery dates.
- Establish operational procedures with manager for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current.
- Plan work assignments and equipment allocations to meet transportation, operations, and shipping goals, fulfilling orders in a timely and accurate manner; coordinate and schedule 3rd party logistics providers to ensure proper resources and that delivery schedules/appointments are met.
- Direct team in transportation or related services, such as moving, storing, and loading or unloading of materials.
- Interprets transportation, shipping orders, safety regulations, and company policies and procedures for team (with Manager).
- Confers with Manager to ensure coordination of warehouse activities with activities of other functions such a production, sales, records control, and purchasing.
- Confers with management, contractors and other personnel to exchange information to resolve problems.
- Follows standard operational and working practices and observes team to ensure compliance with standards.
- Performs other duties as requested from management
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Analytical - Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer Service - Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Responds well to questions; Listens and gets clarification.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Delegation - Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
- Leadership - Accepts feedback from others.
- Quality Management - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Business Acumen - Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect.
- Organizational Support - Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work;
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma/GED and 3 to 6 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, write, speak and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge Inventory/Warehouse software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, reach with hands and arms, stoop and bend, and lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. the employee is required to occasionally lift or move from 50 to 100pounds. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CURRENTLY hiring, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
* No recruiting agencies