Come Join Our Team!
Barrie House Coffee Company, LLC is a third-generation family roaster that has been blending, roasting and packing coffee in New York since 1934 and is now a leading roaster and manufacturer for branded and private label coffee products sold through there tail, e-commence, food service and hospitality channels. Barrie House has partnered with Martha Stewart for a co-branded coffee line and with The Headstrong Project for a special Hero's Reserve line of which 100% of the profits are donated to the organization. Barrie House ranks in the Top 10 of all Fair-Trade coffee providers in the U.S. We source the finest ingredients from farmers and supply chain partners we trust and artfully transform them into the best in class products with fair and sustainable pricing. Our new line of premium Fair Trade and Organic coffee uses only high quality, specialty-grade beans to produce exceptional and unique blends. Even more importantly, our Fair Trade Organic coffees are affordably priced so that more consumers can enjoy a premium cup of coffee while still helping to support sustainability and advancements for farmers, their communities and the coffee industry!
The Shipping & Receiving Dispatcher Clerk will be responsible for providing technical support, information and system updates for all receiving and shipping functions, as well as provides timely tracking and is responsible for arranging shipments by checking stock to determine inventory levels, anticipating delivery requirements, and placing/expediting orders. Ships items by examining items, destination, route, rate, and delivery time; ordering carriers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determine method of shipment and prepares bills, invoices, and other shipping documents.
- Receive merchandise – check and sign delivery slips.
- Handle UPS shipments.
- Understanding of LTL and FTL shipments.
- Inspect and verify incoming goods against invoices or other documents, record shortages and rejects damaged goods.
- Accepts or returns merchandise according to established company procedures.
- Organizes distribution and shipping of merchandise. Makes necessary verifications against documents.
- Contacts transport companies and suppliers in order expedite, trace, or return merchandise that does not confirm to specifications or purchase orders
- Processes all in-and outbound shipments.
- Audits each shipment prior to packing to ensure that goods match order.
- Prepares shipping and receiving documentation; maintains orderly files for all documentation.
- Participates in scheduling of daily transportation.
- Processes all receiving transactions and paperwork.
- Inspects all incoming freight for damage; follows-up with purchasing to resolve any damaged freight issues.
- Assists in maintaining material inventory levels.
- Assists in responses to requests for tracing of missing shipments.
- Assists in maintaining safety and housekeeping standards in shipping area.
- Performs required administrative tasks; prepares all required reports and correspondence.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Read, Write, Speak, and understand English.
- Two years shipping and receiving preferred.
- Warehouse – two years preferred.
- NetSuite experience.
- Ability to be punctual and dependable.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to work flexible hours as required.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to frequently kneel, squat, bend and stoop, twist kneel and reach overhead required.
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment.
- Able to stand for nine or more hours.
- 401K with company match
- Paid Sick, Personal, and Vacation Time
- Short Term disability
- Long term disability
- Flex Spending
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Direct Deposit
- Referral Bonuses
Barrie House is committed to creating equitable employment opportunities for all individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
CURRENTLY hiring, please send resume to email@example.com.
*Only qualified candidates will be contacted
* No recruiting agencies