With an intense focus on meeting customer needs, the Operations Manager is responsible for managing the activities of the defined manufacturing, maintenance and engineering operations, ensuring consistent, superior service to BHC customers, and managing the quality, cost, and efficiency of each assigned operation through the timely production and delivery of high-quality products in compliance with all applicable customer, business, and regulatory requirements. The Operations Manager will hire, train, and develop a superior, customer focused, service team.
The Operations Manager is primarily responsible for managing all activities related to production cells Roasting, “A” and “B/C”, as well as the maintenance and engineering team (the “manufacturing organization”).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for leading and managing all activities related to Production and Maintenance & Engineering operations, consistent with Company policies and business objectives; ensure a high standard of customer service, timely and accurate processing of all related transactions, proper protection of Company assets, and the maintenance of a rigorous food safety culture.
- Establish and improve mechanisms to ensure the manufacturing team provides the required products in a consistently timely, cost effective and quality manner.
- Assess resource needs across manufacturing by working with supervisors and functional leaders to assign resources per established priorities.
- Provide guidance to achieve goals and create a culture of accountability and continuous improvement.
- Drive performance of the manufacturing team to achieve and exceed financial targets through quality, cost efficiency and productivity.
- Establish mechanisms to ensure high levels of collaboration across operational groups/teams/workers.
- Use established key performance indicators (and develop additional KPI’s if needed) to drive change and visibility to the team and leadership; track, trend, and monitor routinely with active data analysis to target and drive results.
- Ensure standards for product quality and equipment and operator performance are maintained, and that cost-effective technology is used to maximize production; ensure fixed assets are maintained and preserved; initiate recommendations on purchases of new equipment and improvements to plant property.
- Provide technical and operational support for the roasting plant; ensure facility and equipment are well-maintained and preserved; manage third-party service providers.
- Ensure work orders are manufactured according to specifications and to schedule; ensure that quality standards are met or exceeded; create a culture of ownership concerning quality and productivity.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures that will ensure timely and accurate recording of all transactions, especially as they pertain to inventory; create a culture of ownership concerning the inventory to preserve the integrity of inventory records; ensure the accuracy of inventory records by overseeing the timely and accurate recording; coordinate cycle counting and resolve variances; research and resolve customer and internal discrepancies.
- Review production, maintenance, and operating reports; direct the resolution of operational, manufacturing and maintenance issues to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Perform administrative activities associate with the effective management of assigned operations, including compiling, storing, and retrieving production data for reporting.
- Assist in the development and management of budgets, schedules, and key operating metrics; help develop and maintain productivity and quality reporting; tie team performance goals to Company objectives.
- Review, develop and implement the policies and procedures that will enable the team to provide outstanding, efficient service at the best possible cost to the Company; ensure all assigned employees are aware of and comply with Company, government, and customer policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Recruit, train, develop and appraise staff to develop a superior, customer focused service team able to provide timely, accurate and consistent service to both internal and external customers; take timely corrective action as necessary, in accordance with Company policy; define and establish clear objectives and expectations, routinely provide direct feedback for performance management and development; consult with Human Resources as appropriate.
- Assist in project management for capital improvement and operational projects related to assigned manufacturing and warehousing operations.
- Assist the Customer Care team in the timely and satisfactory resolution of issues, problems, or disputes; create a customer focused atmosphere within the framework of Company policy and sound business judgement.
- Take responsibility for facility management including resolving on-site issues and acting as property management liaison.
- Always be mindful of and adhere to GMP’s, Quality and Food Safety requirements.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Drives the engagement, development, and performance of all members of their team.
- Demonstrates a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events.
- Demonstrates ingenuity and creativity in accomplishing goals when resources are limited or unavailable; can execute a plan without relying on a defined process.
- BA in industrial engineering, or related field and five years of experience in operations management and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in a similar role in a manufacturing/maintenance environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ERP (NetSuite).
- Available to work flexible hours, including mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to walk warehouse and production floor.
- Ability to lift to 50 pounds.
- Ability to kneel, squat, bend, reach overhead.
- Salary range: $80,000-$110,000
- 401K with company match
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Paid Sick, Personal, and Vacation Time
- Short Term disability
- Long term disability
- Flex Spending
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Direct Deposit
- Referral Bonuses
Barrie House is committed to creating equitable employment opportunities for all individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Only qualified candidates will be contacted
*No recruiting agencies
CURRENTLY hiring, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
If there is a fit, we will contact you to learn more about you. Thanks for thinking of Barrie House. Good Luck!
Barrie House: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion