Come Join Our Team!
Barrie House Coffee Company, LLC is a third-generation family roaster that has been blending, roasting, and packing coffee in New York since 1934 and is now a leading roaster and manufacturer for branded and private label coffee products sold through the retail, e-commence, food service and hospitality channels. Barrie House has partnered with Martha Stewart for a co-branded coffee line and with The Headstrong Project for a special Hero's Reserve line of which 100% of the profits are donated to the organization. Barrie House ranks in the Top 10 of all Fair-Trade coffee providers in the U.S. We source the finest ingredients from farmers and supply chain partners we trust and artfully transform them into the best-in-class products with fair and sustainable pricing. Our new line of premium Fair Trade and Organic coffee uses only high quality, specialty-grade beans to produce exceptional and unique blends. Even more importantly, our Fair-Trade Organic coffees are affordably priced so that more consumers can enjoy a premium cup of coffee while still helping to support sustainability and advancements for farmers, their communities, and the coffee industry!
The Metro Food Service Sales Manager will execute a selling strategy for Food Service accounts. Successful candidate will manage customer relationships. Customers for this segment include premium as well as more casual food service outlets including food service outlets including fine dining, upscale hotels and hospitality venues, and universities and colleges.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- This role requires 70 – 75% travel. Geography for this position is New York City, Westchester/Putnam/Duchess Counties, Long Island and North Central Jersey.
- Prospecting and closing sales to food service outlets in the territory.
- Customer calls with food service procurement heads/managers/chefs with presentation of company capabilities and products.
- Product cuppings and tastings sharing our product knowledge and expertise.
- Work with our regional distributor to expand the company’s service presence in metro NY.
- Regular customers follow ups with end user customers to insure delivery, equipment, and service satisfaction as well as monitoring competitive activity.
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships with customers and drive customer satisfaction through superior service and execution.
- Activate local marketplace initiatives and promotions to build brand development and maximize brand performance.
- Analyze customer information and business trends to identify and expand business opportunities.
- Opportunity to manage company’s food service Brand Ambassadors in other markets with demonstrated success in this role, meeting/succeeding all performance objectives.
- Performs required administrative tasks; prepares all required reports and correspondence.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Four year bachelor’s degree or two-year associates degree in business, marketing, or culinary preferred.
- Extensive relevant professional experience will be considered in lieu of formal college or associates degree.
- Seven to 10 years prior work experience in the coffee food service/hospitality sectors in Metro NY.
- Strong knowledge of coffee and express blends, countries of origins, flavor profile.
- Familiarity with food service coffee and expresso equipment.
- Demonstrated track record of success in securing new business, account closures and distributor management in the food service channel.
- Experience in selling coffee and express to premium food service outlets and chefs (fine dining, boutique hotels).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must possess business analysis experience.
- Demonstrated ability to make successful presentations to individuals and/or groups at all levels of an organization.
- Must be proficient with computers and Microsoft Office applications. NetSuite experience desired.
- Able to work flexible hours as required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- 401K with company match
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Paid Sick, Personal, and Vacation Time
- Short Term disability
- Long term disability
- Flex Spending
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Direct Deposit
- Referral Bonuses
Barrie House is committed to creating equitable employment opportunities for all individuals. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
CURRENTLY hiring, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Only qualified candidates will be contacted
* No recruiting agencies