2 servings = ¼ cup (4 tablespoon) coffee + 12 ounces (2 cups) water
Water should be 195º to 205º F for all brewing methods
Medium grind (looks like sand)
• Place paper filter in basket of coffee maker
• Add the desired amount of coffee grinds to filter
• Add water to machine reservoir
• Press start button to brew!
Coarse (comparable to sea salt)
• While water is heating up add ground coffee to French press carafe then pour water over grinds and stir with a wooden spoon or spatula.
• Place lid on top of carafe and wait 4 minutes to allow the coffee to brew
• After 4 minutes is up, push the plunger down until it reaches the bottom. (Turn pouring slits in top to face spout to allow air release).
• Pour and enjoy!
• While water is heating, place filter into top drip portion of your brewer
• Pour coffee grind into filter
• Pour the heated water over the coffee grinds in a circular motion.
• Water level should be ¼ under the brewer rim. Allow the coffee to drip into you mug. This will take between 2.5 to 3 minutes.
• Remove brewer and enjoy!
Stove Top Espresso
(Moka Pot Required)
• Pour hot water (amount based on serving size) into the bottom of the Moka pot. Then add the coffee grinds to the built-in filter.
• Screw on spouted top tightly and place on stove top. Heat pot on medium heat.
• As it heats up, IF you lift the lid, you will see your espresso coffee fill up the top portion of the Moka pot. When coffee fin-ishes spurting out of the top, that’s when you know it’s done.
• Remove from heat and serve!
• Add 250 grams of freshly roasted coarse grinds to a container
• Pour one liter of cold, freshly filtered water over the grinds. Stir gently
• Cover container and let steep in refrigerator for 12 hours.
• After coffee steeps, place a cheese cloth over a mesh strainer and pour the coffee into a clean container.
• Add more or less water to adjust for strength
• Pour desired amount over ice and enjoy. (Coffee can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week)
• Fill machine water reservoir with water
• Open k-cup chamber lid and place your favorite Barrie House coffee capsule inside.
• Close the lid and place mug on the drink plate.